Istanbul Chamber of Commerce has been encouraging the resolution of commercial disputes through arbitration and mediation methods while playing a key role in promoting arbitration and mediation as well.
The Chamber set the Arbitration and Mediation Center - ITOTAM in order to provide the arbitration services it has been providing since 1979 in compliance with international practice and modern arbitration rules.
- Provides arbitration and mediation services in line with international practice.
- Solves the commercial disputes in a rapid and efficient manner through arbitration.
- Contributes to the rapid and effective settlement of arbitration by competent experts and recognized arbitrators.
- Provides voluntary and mandatory arbitration services.
- Serves to the development and promotion of arbitration, mediation and other alternative dispute settlement mechanisms.
- Follows developments on local and international arbitration and mediation practices, informs the relevant parties on the latest developments in this field through participating related local and international conferences and seminars.
- Conducts projects on arbitration and mediation by cooperating with foreign arbitration and mediation centers.
- Organizes national and international conferences on arbitration and mediation within the scope of “Istanbul Arbitration Day”.